- One (3) year of experience handling IMPORT/EXPORT traffic,
documentation, and/or customer service functions in the ocean
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish (verbal and written) at an intermediate level.
- Basic skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook, Powerpoint
- Strong time management and organizational skills.Must be able to prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to type 40 WPM.
- Ability to communicate (read and write) effectively in a business environment.
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with the customers, executives and the general public.
- Ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as necessary.
- Intermediate skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with INTTRA
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Call customers to make sure cargo is ready to be loaded on board vessel.
- Match documents with D/R, enter information in the system.
- Answer telephone calls and process bookings requested by customers.
- Ensure that all documentation
is received timely as required by governmental agencies, including Title to be cleared by customs for Export and hazardous declarations.
- Check documents, make
necessary corrections and distribute them to corresponding agencies and customers in time to meet their respective deadlines
- Coordinate spotting or pick up of cargo with dispatch and customers. Release cargo to Dispatch via computer.
- Create Intermodal booking and send verification via the computer to customers and truckers
- Inform customers of any delays and/or damages.
- Coordinate to keep Operations involved/abreast of status of shipment
- Create files with bills of lading (BL) and Shipper
Export Declarations (SED) and provide to Data Entry Clerk for system
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Share it with your friends:
Apply for this Job * Required